My Shop (work in progress!)

Wednesday 3 June 2009

Flower Arranging for Dummies


In May I had tonsillitis. My grandparents sent me the lovely bunch of flowers above. Now I don't know if any of you watched Kirstie's Homemade Home but I saw the easiest way of arranging flowers with very short stems, or preserving ones that have been in a big bunch for a bit longer. It's so simple that even Kirstie Allsopp could do it. OK, being a bit harsh there as she's not stupid, just a bit irritating. I think it's the way she gets so over enthusiastic about things.

So all you need are a bunch of flowers, a dish that is wider than it is deep with some water in it and some sticky tape:
Arrange strips of sticky tape over the top of the dish to form a grid pattern, and put flowers into the holes:
Keep doing this until you can't see any of the sticky tape:




Et voila! Sadly I only had a Pyrex dish to put my arrangement in but once it was full of flowers you couldn't tell anymore.

3 comments:

Gill said...

not a bad way of using up flower heads once your bunch has gone past its best. might try that.

Ruth said...

Oh this is a good idea and I'll try it! Not been round to your blog for ages - how are things?

lbc flower delivery said...

Cool! I never try to arrange flowers, I want to learn how to arrange flowers. Thanks for sharing, Got an idea here.

-yumi-