My Shop (work in progress!)

Wednesday, 3 June 2009

Flower Arranging for Dummies


In May I had tonsillitis. My grandparents sent me the lovely bunch of flowers above. Now I don't know if any of you watched Kirstie's Homemade Home but I saw the easiest way of arranging flowers with very short stems, or preserving ones that have been in a big bunch for a bit longer. It's so simple that even Kirstie Allsopp could do it. OK, being a bit harsh there as she's not stupid, just a bit irritating. I think it's the way she gets so over enthusiastic about things.

So all you need are a bunch of flowers, a dish that is wider than it is deep with some water in it and some sticky tape:
Arrange strips of sticky tape over the top of the dish to form a grid pattern, and put flowers into the holes:
Keep doing this until you can't see any of the sticky tape:




Et voila! Sadly I only had a Pyrex dish to put my arrangement in but once it was full of flowers you couldn't tell anymore.

5 comments:

Gill said...

not a bad way of using up flower heads once your bunch has gone past its best. might try that.

Ruth said...

Oh this is a good idea and I'll try it! Not been round to your blog for ages - how are things?

albarto said...

Just log in to the site http://www.fleurdelisflorist.co.uk and have a peek into the attractive and fragrant flowers stored herewith, including casket sprays, wreaths, posies and all other types of flowery arrangements. This website serves as a platform for the best florists in uk to sell their flowers at an unbelievably affordable price and as soon as you place orders with this site, the best flowers would be delivered to you at the earliest convenience.

shiren said...

You can buy eye-catching flowers and floral gifts from a range of online destinations but only florists in UK can provide you the best deals on flowers. Get in touch with http://fleurdelisflorist.spruz.com at the earliest and avail striking discounts on exclusive floral arrangements.

lbc flower delivery said...

Cool! I never try to arrange flowers, I want to learn how to arrange flowers. Thanks for sharing, Got an idea here.

-yumi-