My Shop (work in progress!)

Friday 20 April 2007

Milk jug


As I have searched in vain for a 60s/70s milk jug in all the charity shops in Carlisle I have had to resort to ebay. I am currently the winning bidder on the above pictured milk jug. The auction ends just after 8pm on Monday 23rd.
All the milk jugs available in Carlisle are incredibly boring and plain or horrible floral patterns.
I ideally wanted a jug that had a blue/green pattern on but this one will do nicely.
So what do you think - hideous or cool retro?

5 comments:

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

Oooh, you posh bid - fancy wanting a milk jug. It pours perfectly well out of a bottle!

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

that should have been posh 'bird' ... eBay on the brain!

Karen said...

Only so people can pour their own milk when we have visitors. Which means it is pretty much a wasted purchase as we hardly anyone ever comes round...

Gill said...

I like it- how much have you bid? and if you buy milk in big cartons its hard to pour just a little drop into your tea.

Karen said...

I WON IT!! It's costing me £4.50 including postage which isn't too bad as you'd struggle to get a new milk jug for that now by a named pottery. Not as cheap as a charity shop though :( I got plenty of birthday money though with some still to spend :)