My Shop (work in progress!)

Monday 12 March 2007

Diet Schmiet

What's the harm in apples and carrots for fucks sake!?

As mentioned in a comment to my previous post, I think you're right about it being a bit weird to totally cut out one food group. For example for breakfast I had 1 Weetabix biscuit (where I would normally have 2) and two boiled eggs. I'm still going to try and be as 'good' as possible according to the diet and avoid carbs as much as possible. This is so I can be a bit lax at the weekend as I'm going on holiday.

It seems to be working though as I have lost 2 pounds and this is day 6 of the diet. I'm not getting obsessed and weighing myself everyday. I was just curious to see if it had actually done anything as I would be inclined to jack it in if it wasn't.

No, this is not the Atkins diet, although it does seem similar. I am following the diet from "Neris and India's Idiot-proof Diet" details of which can be found at Amazon.co.uk.

5 comments:

Gill said...

get to the gym!

Mutterings and Meanderings said...

I think I read a review of that book - they had taken the best bits of lots of diets and made up their own? The journo was supposed to be doing it but had eaten an orange and they went mad at her. I think the argument is something to do with the sugar in fruit (and veg) like apples, oranges and carrots.

The best one I did was The Carbohydrate Addicts' Diet, which is like Atkins-lite but you have an hour at night when you can stuff your face with whatever - and I mean whatever. Surprisingly, it works.

I must get motivated again. I had a scone and strawberry jam before ...

Gill said...

ooh eminem that sounds like a good diet!

Karen said...

Yeah it does sound really good actually - I usually find that I get cravings the most when I'm at home watching TV in the evenings (give me sugary things!!!) or when I'm bored at work and don't have things to do to distract my stomach.

I can't see why the sugar in fruit is so bad as it's natural sugar. Not like these weird sweetners that are all chemicals. Yuck. And what's with Splenda - it tastes like sugar and is made from sugar - why not just have sugar??

randomhiccup said...

i tell you which is a good 'diet' to do, the GI diet, there's no cutting anything out, just mixing and matching low GI value foods with high ones, and its supposed to help give you energy by getting the most out of the food (thats why i've been trying it). means you don't crave things you cant have cause you can have everything! even chocolate isn't bad!