My Shop (work in progress!)

Thursday 8 March 2007

Pink, Pink, Pink Moon


I've been a bit poorly so this is the first time I've managed to blog since the weekend due to having not net access at home.


Had a great meal on Saturday night even though I was sent out of the restaurant several times by my family to check on the progress of the lunar eclipse.


When we got home from the meal, the moon was almost fully eclipsed and we watched it reach totality. It was great as Vince and I were staying at my parents' house for the weekend and they live where there are very little street lights. Had we been at home in Carlisle I doubt we would have had such a good view.


The night was so still and clear - there were thousands of stars and some of the planets in view, the misty bands of the Milky Way were visible and Vince even saw a shooting star.


All in all it was a magical night, and strangely warm considering it was March and it was nearly midnight when we were stood outside.

No comments: